PS4 is one of the most popular gaming consoles in the PlayStation series. It comes in two variants- PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim. Both the variants have 1TB of storage. It has a vast range of games. It has some fantastic hardware that gives gamers a hustle-free gaming experience. The cooling system in PS4 is impressive, allowing gamers to play for long hours without and heating issues.
There is a wide range of games for the PS4. Some popular games are God of War, Spider-Man, The Uncharted Series, The Last Of Us. You can enjoy all these games in 4K resolution without any kind of hindrance.
PS4 comes with a subscription plan called PlayStation Plus, where you get two games free every month. This subscription plan also comes with lots of other features, one of which is that you can share your game library with your friends and family. This feature is known as Share Play, and to have this feature, both the users need to have a PlayStation Plus subscription. If you are interested in PlayStation Plus subscription plans, you can check them out here.
In this article, we talk about the Share Play feature in your PS4. If you are interested in how to share games on PS4, keep reading this article. You will get all the details on how to share games on PS4 and enjoy with your friends and family.
How to Share Games on PS4
There are two ways in which you can share your game with your friends and family. As mentioned above, to use the Share Play feature, both the users need to have a PlayStation Plus subscription. Therefore, make sure both the users have a PlayStation Plus subscription.
How to share games on PS4 using Gameshare
This option works the same as you lending your physical copy of the game to your friend. In this method, you simply lend your digital replica of the game to your friend or family member. Note that, in this method, you can not play the game simultaneously since you are lending the game to another user. Follow the steps below to know how to Gameshare on PS4.
- First, you have to log in with your PlayStation account on your friend’s PS4.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Account Management.
- Then select the ‘Active as Your Primary PS4’ option and confirm. Confirming this option might lead to deactivating your PS4 console, but it is not much concern since you can reactivate that later.
After this, your friend will get access to your PS4 game library. They will download all the games that you have in your account to their hard disk.
How to share games on PS4 using Share Play
Make sure that both the users have a PlayStation Plus subscription on their console. With this feature, users can enjoy a game together by inviting the other user. Follow the steps below to know how to use Share Play and share your PS4 library with your friend.
- You get to invite your friend from the Invite Players screen. Select your desired friend and send an invitation to them.
- Then start the game you want to play.
- You will find a Share button on your DualShock controller, press that.
- Select Share Play on your screen.
- Choose the friend you want to share with, and that will start a 60-minute session where your friend will be able to see the game you are playing on your PS4 console. You can also restart the session once it ends.
In this way, you can share your gameplay with your friend. If your friend also wants to play the game you are playing, follow the steps below to do that.
- Press the share button on your controller.
- On-screen, go-to party for Share play.
- Choose the ‘Give Controller to Visitor’ option.
- Now, you will get two options- Allow Visitors to Play as You or Play a Game Together. By selecting the latter option, you will be able to play the game in co-op mode, but keep in mind both the users will need to have a PlayStation Plus subscription.
Share Play is a great feature to play games together. Users just need to have a PlayStation subscription, and they can enjoy any game together. Users can also lend single-player games and have a wonderful experience. Both ways are helpful in their own ways. Gameshare is an excellent way to share single-player games, and in Share Play, you can enjoy co-op gaming with your friend.